After months of development, we're excited to be rolling out Zero 3.0 in the next few days. We wanted to take this opportunity to let you know a bit about the update and what to expect.
Zero 3.0 is a ground-up redesign of Zero with tons of new features that were heavily informed by you -- our community over 1.3 million strong.
What's coming in Zero 3.0?
- All-new design that keeps the timer front and center and organizes the information you care about
- New fasting types, including the ability to track fasts up to 5 days in length
- New full fast history charting and weight tracking
- New post-fast logging lets you add notes about how the fast felt that day
- Cloud back-up of your fasting data. No longer do you need to worry about accidentally deleting the app or changing devices and losing your data. Zero 3.0 automatically securely stores all of your fasting history so you don't need to worry about losing your data
- More stats and insights about your fasting Journey
- Improved notifications to make sure you stay on track
- An updated Learn page to keep up to date on what experts are saying about the science of fasting
What do I need to do to get the new Zero?
- We'll be launching Zero in the next several days
- If you have auto app updates turned on, you'll get it as soon as it's available
- If you don't have auto app updates turned on, we'll let you know when it's in the App Store at which time you can manually update to 3.0
- Zero remains free of charge
What happens to my existing fasting history once I update to 3.0?
- When you update Zero 2.x to 3.0, your fasts will be automatically migrated to the new app -- you don't need to do anything to save your fasting history.
- If you want to save your Zero 2.x history as a backup before updating to 3.0, you can do so with our backup tool. Learn how here. Again, your data will automatically migrate to 3.0, but we understand some users will feel more comfortable having a local copy of their data before upgrading.
We hope you're as excited as we are about the next version of Zero.
As always, let us know your thoughts on Twitter, or leave us a comment below.